Thursday, October 30, 2014

THE EMPIRE HAS RISEN


Coming off of a sixty+ hour work week, my four year marathon comes to an end as I break through the finish line tape (somehow tearing all my skin off in the process) and collapse face first onto the sprawling salt beaches of Uvenirtaly. I am too exhausted to scream, so instead I elect to remain still and become one with the burning. 
It's a satisfying kind of burning.


There's a lot I could post about right now. But I think that between the above "Making of" video and the last four years of collective whining, everything I have to say has already been said. What's more important right now is what is yet to come. The next few 'recovery' months will be occupied with relatively small tasks such as getting the comic going again (stay tuned for an announcement on when and how this will happen), finishing Hitting Stuff at a Building, designing the new website, and more perhaps. I've got a lot of ambitious and dangerously impractical ideas about the website redesign, but I don't want to say anything until Danielle and I can sit down and figure out what's feasible and what isn't. I'm worried my concepts won't work out because I've never seen a website like it before, but I hope that's because people are too afraid of losing traffic and not because it's impossible.


Come 2015, I'm going to have a whole new batch of exciting and terrifyingly complex projects to embark upon, including actually creating the website, The Adventures of Puddlenaut game, and the first of three gigantic projects intended for film festival distribution (and later, free internet distribution as always).




Like the artwork in this post so far? Do you perhaps like it enough to… wear it? Well, I've got something a little different to offer this time. I'm sick to death of wasting money on defective and poorly made Cafepress test prints, so instead I'm hosting these free mediapacks of graphics I've designed for clothing and merchandise. Download this zip and take it to any printing service of your choice to create your own merchandise! Shoddily printed work done by a third party is no longer my problem, but it can be yours for fifteen easy payments of zero cents! Alternatively, skip the headache and just use them as website/desktop decorations, whatever.


Interest in the junk frame giveaway was either depressingly low, or people these days just don't trust someone who makes animations about killing children with their physical mailing address, so every entrant should be receiving two to three frames instead of just one, if you didn't already get my form letter.


Stay in your seats, the ride's not over yet. In fact, I'm not even sure they built an ending to this ride let me check with my supervisor… ccchhkk- mmhmm…. mhmm… yeah, that's what I … mmm… cchkk. Right, as I said, they haven't built one. I can understand why some of you might object to the prospect of living out the rest of your life in a roller coaster seat, but you have to admit that you certainly got your money's worth when you bought the ticket. Value like that is hard to come by these days. Well then, now that that's settled I guess we should start breaking out the emergency provisions.